


We moved to Colorado on Tuesday, June 30th. I remember Aunt Connie driving Kassie and me to the airport at 5:45am on that Tuesday and me saying to her, that I can't believe we will be in Colorado in a couple of hours. It felt like we were going on vacation to Colorado, but not moving here, and I think it was just because we were flying and not having to make the two day drive across country with the rest of the crew. Kassie was fantastic on the airplane and in the airport (going through security two times too). She managed to stay awake for the 2-1/2 hour flight, made friends with the two people in our row, and conversated with most of the kids on the plane while we walked the aisle. It was after the plane landed that she fell asleep. Bless her little heart. She is soooo sweet and I just loved having her in my lap during our trip.
She immediately took to our house when we arrived in the Springs. She also immediately said "Mammy" (Grammy) and "Popie" (Pappy) when we pulled up. When she saw the rental truck, she said "Da Da". She knew we were around our family. Momma and Gerry visited with us until today, Friday and we had a great time with them here. Have them tell you about their tirp to Pikes Peak. Summer will be here with us until mid August and I'm sure we'll have lots of fun!
I have a special message for our readers...Kassie went poo poo and pee pee in the potty the day we arrived at our house in the Springs. I was so excited for her and praised her sooo much. She felt like such a big girl. She has gone to the potty other times since then too. She was ready to begin potty training but we chose to wait until we moved so it would be easier on her while traveling.
Well, we are getting settled in our house. It is nice that we are back in our home and will make the most of our time here in Colorado but will miss our family and friends in TN and KY. Our home is always open to our loved ones and we look forward to having some company!

No comments:
Post a Comment