We've had a fun filled and fun packed weekend! Now that it feels like fall weather (not snowing) we adventured out to the pumpkin patch yesterday with the White's. We had so much fun and it brought out the kids in ourselves. There were slides, goats, bunnies, hay stack mazes, fence mazes, tractor hay rides, pumpkins and tons of pictures. The kids had a great time and we enjoyed nap time once we got home. Last night we had movie night and sleep over at our house with Heather and Mathias. This morning Heather and I conquered the Cog Trail at Pikes Peak. The Cog Trail is a 2,000 ft elevation climb in 1 mile. This 1-mile is nothing but stairs and it times we had to use our hands to help pull us up. It did get pretty steep. Boy!!! This was such a great feeling of accomplishment when we got to the top but during our climb I did say to myself, "Really, really Cortnie?" Like what was I thinking! But after the tingling in my back and head, my nose burning and lungs on fire (and there was definitely some panting), I made it to the top. We will do it again but just wonder if it will be next weekend or if we'll wait a few weeks. I guess it depends on how we feel tomorrow and during the week. I have a feeling we are going to be pretty sore. Once we got to the top, we took our accomplishment photo and started our journey down the 4-mile trail at Barr Trail.
Ah, what a great weekend! Now, I wonder if relaxing is somewhere in the cards for this afternoon. I sure hope so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment