Wow, we've been a busy family since the last time I blogged. We'll give you the run down of the last couple of months.
In November, we visited Boulder, CO for the weekend. We had a blast! Kassie enjoyed the pool and hot tub, jump roping in the hotel hallway and room, and walking around the town and campus. It was college game day vs. Texas A&M when we were there and we enjoyed all the excitement.
We didn't travel home for Thanksgiving but instead had our Thankgiving with the three of us here in Colorado. It was nice to start the day off with our "family turkey trot" and then relaxed the rest of the day. Kassie absolutely LOVED watching the Macy's Day Parade as she would scream when ever she saw one of her favorite character friends on the tv (Shrek and Mickey Mouse to name a few).
I also took another section of the CPA exam in November and found out the week of Christmas that I passed!!!! I was (and still am) so excited. I have one more section to take and will take that in January. I really hope this is the last CPA exam that I have to take. I am definitely ready to have this behind me.
We managed to get away for another weekend at the beginning of December for some time in Vail, CO. We enjoyed that trip as well. Kassie is always so excited about our hotel rooms and this one had a fireplace in it too, like our room in Michigan this past summer. She is on cloud 9 walking around the hotel. She told us on the way through the mountains that she wanted "big snow". Big snow is what she got. It was so much fun seeing her excitement through her eyes as she played in the snow. We did manage to drive through a snow storm on our way back to the Springs but we made it back home safely.
Another exciting thing that came at just the right time is that I got a job. Yup, yaaahaa! I am the financial controller for a company here in the Springs and it's about 5 miles from our home. We work 4-1/2 days a week and get off at lunch time on Fridays. I started at the beginning of December and worked for two weeks and then got two weeks off for the holidays. Yes, that's right! Because my company gave us two weeks off work, we were able to travel to TN and KY for Christmas. We had a great time seeing family and friends. We stayed busy the entire time we were traveling but that's what it's all about...right? We did manage to have some down time at Lindsay's house and enjoyed watching the kids play together. Ah, it was so cute.
So, tonight is New Year's Eve and we are enjoying ourselves at our home. It's nice to stay in and be with each other and not get out in the hustle and bustle of everything. We wish everyone a very happy and safe new year and may everyone be blessed in 2010. Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment